When a program receives approval as an accredited site in the Society of Urologic Oncology Fellowship Program, that accreditation initially runs for a five year period at which time the program will need to be reaccredited.
You will received formal notification from the SUO Fellowship Committee when your program requires recertification. The following information will be required by the Fellowship Committee in order to approve reaccreditation of your site for another five year period:
- A case log from the previous two year period.
- A list of the fellows for the past five years including their current positions
- A list of all publications by the Urologic Oncology faculty and fellows.
- A copy of the two previous year’s evaluations of your program by the fellow.
- A copy of the structure of the program which should include:
- The clinical rotation schedule
- Didactics/conference schedules
- Research opportunities
- Multidisciplinary exposure
- Call Schedules
- Please provide contact information for at least one of your most recent fellows so that we may contact them to ask for specific feedback regarding their experience in the fellowship
- A list of the current Urologic Oncology faculty.
There will be a $1,000 reaccreditation fee assessed to all programs requiring recertification. The above information along with a $1,000 check made payable to the Society of Urologic Oncology should be sent to the following address:
Society of Urologic Oncology
1100 E. Woodfield Road, Suite 350
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Attn: Janel Angeles, SUO Fellowship Coordinator
Once the required documentation is received, it will be thoroughly reviewed by the SUO Fellowship Committee. In lieu of a complete site visit, a designated committee member will conduct a 30-minute interview of the Program Chair and one of its current or graduated fellows. After the interview process, if the fellowship committee has significant concerns, a complete site visit will then be required. Interviews will be held twice a year in conjunction with the SUO Winter meeting and the SUO spring meeting at the AUA.